Ok so I took the plunge. Day 1 complete! (Also I realised that insanity is actually 63 days. I feel slightly ripped off! :P)
I did the fit test, and it wasn’t as bad as I had expected. You have to take note of how many reps of each of the 8 exercises you can do in 1 minute.
Here’s my starting numbers:
1. Switch kick - 40+ (I lost count halfway through haha)
2. Jumping jacks - 65
3. Power knees - 87 (I was so uncoordinated doing this. I ended up rotating like 180 degrees)
4. Power jump - 40
5. Globe jump - 9
6. Burpees -16 (this sucked)
7. Push up jacks - 23 (this also sucked)
8. Low plank oblique - 48
I’ll post a starting ‘before’ photo before the end of the week. Looking forward to getting my ass beat for the first proper workout tomorrow! And its deadlift day as well :S
I love how beauty bloggers always have interesting tags. Let’s not let them have all the fun!
1. Envy - what’s the first body part you admire in another person of the same sex?
Mine would definitely be legs! You can pretty much tell everything about a person’s fitness from them :D
2. Pride - you’re sexy and you know it. What do you like to flaunt?
Legs (haha). Even though I’m super short.
3. Gluttony - It’s your last meal. What’s in it?
Sashimi platter, minestrone soup, sushi, tapas, steamed fish, dark chocolate with almonds and pistachios, baklava, macaroons in every flavour, oatmeal with PB and apple and cinnamon, neapolitan ice cream, muesli + berries and honey in yogurt, pad thai, mushroom and spinach risotto (and that’s it…maybe)
4. Lust - what body part of your preferred sex do you sneak a glance at first?
5. Wrath - what exercise activates your beast mode and gets you going?
6. Greed - what fitness related stuff do you buy too much of?
Shorts - booty shorts, running shorts, yoga shorts, any form of shorts…
7. Sloth - what is your least favourite exercise? What body part do you often neglect?
My least favourite would probably be any steady state cardio. Give me intensity or give me nothing! I try not to neglect any part of my body in my exercise routine, but I often forget to tense my core during certain exercises.
I TAG YOU!
So this is my progress. Journey’s not over yet but I’m proud of how far I’ve come :)
I think that all too often when looking fitspo/thinspo, and at the ‘long/slow/worthwhile/difficult journey’ ahead of us, we forget how far we’ve come.
So here’s a list of 5 things that I can now do that I couldn’t in 2011:
1. See my arm and leg muscle definition when I work out
2. Have arm and leg muscle definition full stop
3. Touch my toes
4. Get into crow pose for 1 second before losing my balance
5. Full wheel pose
Reblog with your 5 things that you’ve achieved! :)